|Your company or organization name.|
|City of Kodiak|
|Hiring Range: $53.50 to $59.05 ($111,280 to $122,824 annually)|
|Closing date for applications|
|The position is "open until filled"|
|The City of Kodiak is recruiting for a full-time Finance Director. This executive-level position under general administrative direction, plans, directs, manages, and oversees the activities and operations of the Finance and Information Technology (IT) department for the City of Kodiak.|
|* Plans, manages, organizes, and directs all services and activities of the Finance and IT department including the administration of City and department policies, procedures, programs, goals and objectives; long-range planning, financial management, and strategic plan implementation and management.
* Directs and oversees professional and administrative staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring any performance deficiencies are corrected; assigning projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; ensuring staff are trained; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
* Leads and manages IT employees in the development of information technology plans, technology migration plans, disaster recovery plans, and new technology acquisition and implementation.
* Prepares and develops annual budgets and capital improvement programs for the City in conjunction with the office of the City Manager and the City Council.
* Establishes and administers necessary and required accounting control systems in conjunction with approved Federal and State grants.
* Develops, prepares and monitors expenditures associated with department budgets, grants, and other funding sources for programs and operations.
* Develops financial policies, procedures and guidelines, including necessary ordinances and provides for their implementation.
* Oversees the procurement policy and implementation; monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with budget.
* Prepares strategic plans and develops and executes special projects impacting department operations and activities; develops, implements and evaluates programs/projects in accordance with City and department plans and policies.
* Oversees the preparation of annual financial report and annual audit; drafts letters of transmittal, management discussion and analysis; and ensures compliance with applicable Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements.
* Reviews and develops investment policies for the investment of the City’s funds, operating reserves; manages cash flow and investment program in accordance with guidelines.
* Manages and administers debt service accounting functions, including timely bond and loan payments; and oversees preparation of debt payment information and other cost analyses. Works with Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority to analyze bond issues for possible refunding savings. Coordinates and provides all necessary information for new bond issues; and invest and disburse proceeds.
* Manages the City-wide liability insurance coverage and claims, and acts as the City’s Risk Manager. Administers City-wide insurance to ensure appropriate levels of risk exposure; reviews insurance coverage and provides for general liability and other insurance coverage of City assets.
* Continuously monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assesses and monitors workload, administrative and support systems and internal reporting relationships; identifies opportunities to gain operational and cost efficiencies through policy change, to include outsourcing, functional consolidation, and divestment; directs the implementation of changes.
* Represents the City and finance department to other departments, elected officials, other agencies, committees, and organizations including making presentations, and participating in meetings; coordinates assigned activities with those of other departments and outside agencies and organizations.
* Responds to and resolves complex and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints; arbitrates customer service billing issues.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
|High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) and Bachelor's degree in accounting, public administration, business administration, or related field; eight to ten years of progressively responsible professional finance experience; including at least five years of executive management experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
***Hiring salary is based on qualifications and experience.***
|Contact and Other Information|
|APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
710 Mill Bay Road
Kodiak, AK 99615
|710 Mill Bay Road
Kodiak, AK 99615