|Budget & Policy Analyst I / II / III|
|Your company or organization name.|
|City of Valdez|
|$65,291 - $86,112 DOE/DOQ|
|Closing date for applications|
|The position is "open until filled"|
|Under general supervision of the Finance Director, the Budget & Policy Analyst assists the Director in analysis of financial and operational policies and data, and presentation of analyses to internal and external stakeholders, including City Manager and City Council.|
|ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents of this class.)
• Assists with the preparation of the operating and capital budgets, including development of timelines, preparation of forms and procedures, coordination among departments and outside stakeholders, and printing of the preliminary and final documents.
• Assists in the creation, implementation, and periodic review of financial and operational policies.
• Assists with the assessment of fiscal impacts of alternative budget policy; new federal, state and local legislation; and administrative actions.
• Analyzes, evaluates and summarizes complex and technical financial and management records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules and regulations.
• Maintains financial and statistical data and prepares statistical reports.
• Assists with the preparations of multi-year financial forecasts.
• Assists with Treasury management, including cash-flow analysis and investments.
• Assists with analysis of Permanent Fund and facilitates Committee meetings.
• Assists with the completion of periodic internal and external financial reports.
• Assists with the coordination and preparation of the annual financial audit.
• Supports and models the vision, values and behaviors of the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.Secondary Functions:
• Assists with Comptroller functions, monitoring of budget-to-actual data, or other functions as needed.
• Adds or makes changes to existing account structure including new classifications, account title changes, summary account changes, etc.
• Assists with and/or leads public presentations before Council and at public meetings.
• May serve on and participates in various employee committees.
Job Scope: Position is subject to recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm. It involves a high degree of complexity. Incumbent operates from established and well known procedures independently with minimal supervision.
Specific Job Skills Knowledge:
Bachelor's degree in Economics, Public Policy, or a closely related field AND entry level experience, internship, or work history. Municipal accounting or budgeting experience preferred.This position may qualify for different hiring ranges depending on experience and skills level:
Budget and Policy Analyst I: Bachelor Degree with related entry level experience internship or work history
Budget and Policy Analyst II: Bachelor Degree with related experience 1-4 years budget, 1-4 years policy experience or a combination of both OR 4 years policy related work history
Budget and Policy Analyst III: Bachelor Degree with related experience 3 or more years budget, 3 or more years policy experience or a combination of both OR 5 or more years policy related work history
|Contact and Other Information|
|PO Box 307
Valdez, Alaska 99686