$93,073 - $148,913/ Year
Closing Date for Application
Open until filled.
The City of Bethel is seeking qualified applicants. Starting salary up to $95,790 plus excellent benefits including State of Alaska retirement. Recent college graduates encouraged to apply. Job description and application available at https://www.cityofbethel.org/.
The Director is responsible for a variety of complex supervisory, professional, administrative and technical accounting, and finance related functions upholding the fiscal systems and records of the City of Unalaska. Department functions include accounting, treasury, budget, payroll, utility billing, Ports and Harbors billing, purchasing, and information systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, public administration or related field . Graduate degree preferred.
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a governmental setting, including three (3) years in financial management or related field required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience required, preferably with at least three (3) years in executive management.
• Combinations of education and experience providing knowledge, skill and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
LICENCES & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Licensed CPA is preferred, must be bondable.
• Must have, or be able to obtain, an Alaska Driver’s License within 90 days of hire.
• Ability to pass all required pre-employment testing i.e. Criminal background and History, drug testing.
• Must be eligible to work in the US; requirements by Federal Law if hired must complete employment eligibility verification form (I-9).
Contact and Other Information
BENEFITS & SALARY:
• Up to a $10,000 Hiring Bonus.
• $5,000 Relocation Assistance.
• Annual Airfare Allowance $2,000, after first year of employment.
• Medical & Dental Insurance - premium 100% employer paid (employee & dependents).
• 100% employer paid Life-flight Insurance (employee & dependents).
• Personal Leave Accrual starting at 16 hours a month.
• 9 paid Holidays and 3 floating Holidays per year.
• Eligible for Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) retirement.
• Eligible for 457 Plans with ICMA-RC or Mutual of America.
• City Owned Vehicle to drive for work and personal use.
• City Owned Employee Housing available for rent.
TO APPLY: You must submit a City of Unalaska Application, Resume, and Cover Letter. All necessary forms are available at City Hall, Administration Dept. 907-581-1252, or by downloading at www.ci.unalaska.ak.us/hr/jobs Return completed forms to Human Resource Manager, Michelle Murdock, email firstname.lastname@example.org; or fax 907-581-4469