COMPANY OR ORGANIZATION
Kenaitze Indian Tribe
Depends on Experience
The position is "open until filled"
The Finance Director acts in a key leadership role within Kenaitze Indian Tribe whose primary responsibility is the oversight of the Tribe's financial functions: accounting, billing, budgeting, financial reporting, financial risk management, grants financial compliance, and treasury.
- Ensure the Tribe's financial transactions are properly recorded and reported in accordance with applicable financial regulatory and compliance standards.
- Provide guidance, mentoring and support to the Health Revenue Cycle Manager, Controller, Accounting Manager, and Financial Analyst positions.
- Responsible to develop financial management policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight of optimizing performance of the healthcare revenue cycle process.
- Provides oversight of the internal audit function to monitor the Tribe's adherence to established internal controls, financial policies and regulatory requirements.
- Report all irregularities and deficiencies to the Executive Director in a timely manner.
- Manages the development and coordination of the annual operating and capital improvements budgeting process.
- Provide regular financial performance reports to the Executive Director and governing body.
- Preparation of the annual indirect cost rate agreement with the federal government.
- Develop proposals for audit services and preparation, and the drafting of the annual statements and single audit reports.
- Ensures timely submission of financial reports required by governmental and grant agencies.
- Review and comment on financial information included in grant applications, funding agreements, contracts, and compacts.
- Manage financial risk exposures of the Tribe by maintaining adequate insurance policies and bank collateralization agreements, discuss any financial or other risks with the Executive Director.
- Advise management on short/long term liquidity planning through forecasting cash flow, analyzing funds available for investment.
- Oversight of the Tribe's preparation of financial grant and tax reports.
- Constructing monthly management reporting with the focus on usefulness and added value commentary, including benchmarking, variance analysis, forecasting.
- Develop capital assets and resources with both short-term and long-term planning.
- Ensure financial services staff follow workplace safety guidelines.
Masters' Degree in Finance or related field or CPA.
Eight to ten years of organizational financial management and personnel management experience
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting.
- Knowledge of federal, private foundation, and state grants management and compliance principals.
- Ability to work within a financially diverse environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information and training to non-financial managers & staff.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong internal and external communication skills.
- Experience working with Tribes and federal government contracting and compacting.
- Audit work experience in public accounting.
CONTACT AND OTHER INFORMATION