1 Sealaska Plaza, Suite 200
Juneau, AK 99801
The stated purpose of the Alaska Government Finance Officers Association is to promote excellence in governmental finance through leadership, education and communication for the public benefit.
To further these objectives, Alaska Government Finance Officers Association Members are enjoined to follow legal, moral, and professional standards of conduct in the fulfillment of professional responsibilities in compliance with the following:
- Demonstrate and be dedicated to the highest ideals of honor and integrity in all public and personal relationships to merit the respect and confidence of elected officials, other public officials, employees, and the public.
- Recognize and be accountable for their acts and their responsibilities as public officials; including sensitivity to the rights and needs of the public, striving for quality and accuracy in advice and counsel, and maintaining the letter and spirit of all Federal, State, and local governing laws, rules and regulations governing their action.
- Exercise prudence and integrity in the management of funds and assets in their custody and in all financial transactions; and demand such from others in their employ.
- Strive to maintain their individual competence; to enhance the competence of colleagues, peers and associates; and to encourage others seeking to enter their profession.
- Demonstrate professional integrity in the management and publication of information; present statements, reports, and other financial information fairly, in accordance with all applicable legal, regulatory, and generally accepted professional standards.
- Avoid the act or appearance of accepting favor or gain which would influence, compromise, or appear to influence or compromise, the conduct or integrity of their official duties.
Strive to protect the public trust, to avoid the very appearance of impropriety, and to safeguard the integrity of the government they serve and of the standards they hold.
Government Finance Officers Association; www.gfoa.org
Washington Finance Officers Association; www.wfoa.org
Oregon Municipal Finance Officers Association; www.omfoa.org
California Society of Municipal Finance Officers; www.csmfo.org
Margarita Bell, Chief Financial Officer
City of Fairbanks
Jeff Rogers, Director of Finance
City & Borough of Juneau
Gina Davis, Finance Director
City of Palmer
Mark Stahl, Finance Officer
Lake & Peninsula Borough
Amy Glenn, Staff Accountant
City of Wasilla
Xavier Mason, Assistant Finance Director
City of Bethel
Melissa Haley, Finance Director
City & Borough of Sitka
Sully Jusino, Accounting Technician
City of Seward
Fadil Limani, Chief Financial Officer
North Slope Borough School District
Associate Member – In State
Blake Phillips, Director of Institutional Solutions
Alaska Permanent Capital Management
Associate Member – Out of State
Chris Bateman, Vice President
Time Value Investments, Inc
Education Committee Chair
Sam Thompson, Assurance Manager
BDO USA, LLP
Scholarship Committee Chair
Jennifer Bump, Government Relations Manager
Communications Committee Chair
Alex McCann, Managing Director
Time Value Investments, Inc